Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is becoming a house hold name these days. More people who own or manage a website fully understands the role SEO plays with regards to content, site visitors, engagement, driving leads and sales. However, there are still gaps.
A checklist of over 28 points helps to guide us through the process of ensuring the effectiveness of SEO implementation.
According to Search Engine Journal, It can be daunting to assess everything you will need at the outset and everything you should track in order to ensure that your people are doing a good job.
Creating an “ultimate” blog SEO checklist doesn’t necessarily mean implementing all ranking factors at once.
Blog SEO Checklist
- Are You Targeting the Right Keywords?
- Are You Doing Any Keyword Optimization Within Your Content?
- Are You Optimizing for Supporting Keywords?
- Are You Optimizing Keywords in Content Effectively?
- Does Word Count Have Any Consideration on Your Blog?
- Is Code Compatible With the Current Doctype?
- Does the Site Have a Fast Page Speed on Both Desktop & Mobile?
- Is the Blog Cross-Browser & Cross-Platform Friendly?
- Does the Blog Take Advantage of Plug-ins to Optimize Images or Speed up the Cache, & Video As Well?
- Are Page Titles Optimized?
- Are Meta Descriptions Optimized?
- Does the Site Optimize Images Properly?
- Google Search Console: Did You Add & Verify Your Blog?
- Did You Set up Google Analytics?
- Are There Any Other Tracking Tools?
- Did You Make Sure That Your Secure Certificate Was Ordered Correctly?
- Does the Secure Certificate Allow for All Variations of Wild-carded URLs?
- Did You Create a New Google Search Console Profile for the Secure Certificate?
- Did You Make Sure That Google Analytics Is Also Tracking the Secure URL?
- Are You Engaged in Any External Link Promotion for Your Blog?
- Are You Observing Link Anchor Text Best Practices?
- Does Your Blog Take Advantage of the Proper Dimensions for Mobile?
- Does Your Blog Take Into Account Mobile Page Speed?
- Do You Target Visitors on Mobile Devices When It Comes to Content?
- If You Have a Mobile Domain for Your Blog, Are Redirects Effective & Complete?
- Does Your Blog Take Advantage of Conversion Points in Your Marketing Funnel?
- Do You Have Any Means of Conversion on Your Blog?
- Are There Social Sharing Buttons for Every Blog Post?
Reading through the checklist in and of itself is a daunting experience. However, when you work with an SEO expert, they will help to allay your concerns, and get you to a point where you can easily match your basic business goals and key business objectives, with the task at hand.